Monday, July 8, 2013

"Christmas in July" Book Reviews for 2013

It's that time again when I think ahead to Christmas and start planning for the big event. I like to sift through cookbooks and find new holiday recipes. I also pick up decorating and crafting books to get a head start on projects that might require weeks or months to complete. Furthermore, I enjoy looking at picture books that are in high demand during the holiday season.

For my "Christmas in July" book reviews for 2013, I have primarily focused on picture books for kids ages 2 - 11. Additionally, I took a look at several cookbooks to see what new ideas in holiday entertaining are trending. Over the next few weeks, I'll be sharing book reviews for the following holiday titles and many more:
  • 4 Ingredients Christmas by Kim McCosker
  • Three French Hens by Margie Palatini
  • A Pirate's Night Before Christmas by Philip Yates
  • Little Whistle's Christmas by Cynthia Rylant
  • The Christmas Giant by Steve Light
Some of these wintry tales made me jolly, while others left me with a "Bah, Humbug!" sort of feeling. So if the summer temperatures are too hot for you, stop by from time to time and check out my "Christmas in July" book reviews for some chilly fun.

P.S. I found this free clip art at Christian Image Source.


No comments: