Did you know that these days libraries are doing more with less? As the demands for library services have grown, many libraries are faced with smaller budgets. February is the month set aside to increase not only your awareness of what the library has to offer you, but also how you can help your library. That's right; you can make a difference.
There are many ways you can get involved. Let's explore a few options:
- Volunteer your time or expertise.
- Donate money (every little bit helps).
- Sign up for a program.
- Ask about honoring a friend or loved one with a book memorial.
- Join the Friends of the Library.
- Help with fundraising events.
- Donate used books for your library's used book sale.
- Become a literacy tutor.
- Offer to present a program in your area of expertise.
- Write a letter to the editor and express your concerns about the state of library funding.
- Write letters to your legislators telling them how much the library means to you.
- Attend a library board meeting.
- Drop in and simply say "thank you."
For more information about supporting libraries, check out these sites: Friends and Foundations of California Libraries & Friends of Libraries U.S.A.