How will you acknowledge the value of your library? Here are a few suggestions:
- Join the Friends of the Library.
- Honor a friend's birthday with a book purchase.
- Support a subscription to your favorite magazine.
- Donate your time, money, office supplies, or books.
- Write a poem about the library and post it on your blog.
- Tell your local politician how the library has helped you.
- Write a letter to the editor about your favorite library.
- Print out bookmarks and give them to your friends. (You can find bookmarks here.)
- Attend a library board or local government meeting and tell them how you feel about your library.
Don't forget the hardworking librarians and support staff who maintain the collection and help you find the materials you are looking for. Just stop by and say "thank you." How you celebrate is up to you. By promoting and supporting your favorite library, you can help make sure libraries are around for generations to come. So get out there and celebrate Library Lovers' Month today!For more information on this and other library celebrations, visit the Friends of Libraries U.S.A.