National Book Blitz Month was originally created by a public relations executive as an opportunity for authors to market and promote their books. However, today the annual event has been expanded to include other activities for readers as well. Enhance your reading pleasure by trying one of the following activities:
- Hold a family contest and see who can read the most books in a month.
- Visit a bookstore.
- Try reading a book in a different genre like a western or a hard-boiled detective novel or even a biography.
- Give the gift of imagination to someone else; buy them a gift card to their favorite bookstore.
- Join a book discussion club.
- Read to a child.
- Sign up for the Winter Reading Program at your local library.
- Pick up one of your favorite books and reread it.